“This is a game changer for companies looking for a Chair or NED. A powerful FREE tool.”
Anthony Chadwick CEO Alpha Vet International
Register to post jobs to our network FREE
You're all set
You’re about to join an exclusive membership club of highly skilled and aspiring Non-Exec’s. No up-sells, no gimmicks, just the expert tools to develop your portfolio career.Only £149
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Send message to The VirtualNonExec Team
Send message to Alan
Upgrade to premium to unlock job access
We do not scrape jobs from websites like others. You have my personal guarentee.
Hampshire (County of Southampton)
A Strategic Digital Adviser / CIO / NED, expert in leading, governing and delivering technology enabled business transformation, achieving significant commercial advantage for international corporates, professional services and managed services organisations. Excellent stakeholder management / engagement with gravitas to influence to Board level. Commercially astute and result focused, adept at managing / governing large scale programmes to budget and plans, including project recovery, across multiple sectors.
1. Successfully negotiated EY’s largest global managed services contract ($260m) including all terms & SLAs, supported vendor down-select, in collaboration with Procurement/Legal teams.
2. Identified causes of business failure, developed strategy/plans and delivered business transformation programme, building and leading architecture / digital technology teams to beat all major business targets for 3 successive years.
3. Transformed culture, systems and processes and motivated staff to support the changes, enabling company sale
whilst strategically rationalising 100s of legacy products and saving over £35M.
4. Radically transformed £750m Account, driving partners to deliver first service in 36 days after 18 months of failure.
5. Founded new Consulting / Engineering company, covering financial/commercials, consulting frameworks & growth.
6. Defining & delivering Cloud/SaaS migrations from legacy technologies for both industry clients and service providers.
Strategy definition & shaping initiatives
Technology leadership, building high performance teams to deliver digital excellence
Business transformation including M&A, business case development & benefit realisation
Technology strategy & change: virtualisation, rationalisation, cloud, SaaS, analytics, automation, big data, security
Governance frameworks: Architecture Board, Design Authority, Portfolio Management
Enterprise, business & solution architecture, design & implementation
Alan's Career History
Discerning Strategy Ltd
February 2018 - Ongoing
> rapid appreciation of business challenges
> development & delivery of business transformation plans with buy-in at all levels
> changes that will stick and not impair business performance in the interim
> independent views without dogma or up-selling of other services.
April 2022 - June 2022
CIO, Energy Customer Solutions
February 2020 - April 2022
Travis Perkins plc
November 2019 - May 2020
Travis Perkins plc
Interim Head of Practices (Architecture & Business Analysis) / CTO
March 2018 - October 2019
Director Managed Service
June 2016 - February 2018
Global Director, Enterprise Architecture
November 2012 - February 2018
Cable & Wireless Worldwide
Head of Design Practice
September 2011 - September 2012