“This is a game changer for companies looking for a Chair or NED. A powerful FREE tool.”
Anthony Chadwick CEO Alpha Vet International
Register to post jobs to our network FREE
You're all set
You’re about to join an exclusive membership club of highly skilled and aspiring Non-Exec’s. No up-sells, no gimmicks, just the expert tools to develop your portfolio career.Only £149
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Send message to The VirtualNonExec Team
Send message to Graham
Upgrade to premium to unlock job access
We do not scrape jobs from websites like others. You have my personal guarentee.
After leaving Crown after 25 years I am currently seeking my next exciting job opportunity.
An excellent People and Strategic Human Resources Director with a common sense approach. Innovative at implementing new methods of working and implementing change. Team player and commercially aware.
Key strengths are:
- Building an HR Strategy from scratch.
- Implementing innovative leadership development programmes based on 'new world' approaches.
- Experienced in major restructuring programmes.
- Employee Engagement - highest employee engagement scores across the business.
Graham's Career History
Boost is Lancashire’s Business Growth Hub. Our purpose is to help Lancashire’s businesses grow.
Whether you’re a start-up, large business or somewhere in between, Boost can help get you the right growth support. We provide funded growth programmes as well as helping businesses navigate the best private and public sector business support available.
Global manufacturer of paints and innovative solutions. A company with strong corporate values of integrity, commitment, teamwork and courage. Complete HR responsibility as a Strategic HR Director reporting to the Managing Director, with a turnover of £200m, 1200 employees and a HR team of 10, management of the Legal and Facilities teams.
• HR Board responsibility for HR vision, strategy, plan and delivery.
• Increased employee retention by over 20 %.
• Delivered over £2m savings through the implementation of contractual changes and HR budget savings.
• Delivered several major reorganisations, successfully aligned structures to rapidly changing environments without any Employment Tribunal Claims. Extensive Organisational Design experience.
• Implemented and designed leading edge Performance Management System (owned by the employee).
• Designed & implemented innovative Salary Management Systems, Benefits & Bonus Structures.
• Improved recruitment through the introduction of an in house approach and incentive schemes as well as working with strategic partners and agencies.
• Recruitment, development and mentoring of High Potential Talent.
• Several awards gained for Best in Class Training & Development Programmes.
• Highest Employee Engagement scores both as a direct manager and functionally since inception of yearly Engagement Survey.
• Developed a disused storage facility with no budget in to a quirky and unique ‘Learning Academy’. Implemented an Apprentice programme across our nationwide chain of shops and in Manufacturing and placement programmes for both school and graduates including a KTP (Knowledge Transfer Partnership) graduate on placement for 3 years in the business (Waste Management).
• Involved in our Manufacturing fix, grow and transform strategy and process. Implemented Investors in People accreditation across the whole business resulting in the Gold Standard and our site being used as a reference site for good people practice.