“This is a game changer for companies looking for a Chair or NED. A powerful FREE tool.”
Anthony Chadwick CEO Alpha Vet International
Register to post jobs to our network FREE
You're all set
You’re about to join an exclusive membership club of highly skilled and aspiring Non-Exec’s. No up-sells, no gimmicks, just the expert tools to develop your portfolio career.Only £149
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Send message to The VirtualNonExec Team
Send message to Terry
Upgrade to premium to unlock job access
We do not scrape jobs from websites like others. You have my personal guarentee.
A recognised change director dedicated to maximising business value and integrity. Terry is a chartered accountant with an extensive legacy in business transformation, turnaround, governance and financial services. Experienced at providing board level financial information to stakeholders. Thoughtful and engaging with a thorough approach to the project at hand with an astute awareness of balancing corporate governance and risk-appetite. Terry is a commended board member, currently cultivating a select portfolio of non-executive appointments
Terry's Career History
John Morley had supplied Kellogg with ingredient mixes for over 30 years until early this year when the contract ended. I was asked to take over day-to-day leadership of the company to restore morale, maintain customer service to the remaining 40% of the business and increase profitable business levels. I have: -
• Created a senior management team to remove the silo mentality within the business;
• Implemented regular SMT meetings
• Recruited a new Technical Manager to ensure the company retained its essential food safety accreditations
• Presented to the workforce on a quarterly basis to keep them appraised of the situation
• Maintained margins on sales
• Ensured we have retained customers through focus on customer service
• Gained new business in new market segments
Appointed to the board when the company recognised significant loss in its operations due to poor quality financial management.
• Restored the confidence of the board by presenting regularly and consistently the quality of financials essential for the business – involving the bankers unilaterally.
• Bank and other stakeholders’ confidence was increased markedly through more thorough communication.
• Appropriately influenced the family to re-invest some £200k cash, restoring stability and setting the business up with an opportunity to realistically look for a buyer.
• Worked towards an exit strategy for the family shareholders
Legacy: Financial Turnaround successfully achieved and enabled the company to seek a trade buyer with the objective of maximising shareholder value.
• Supporting interim CRO in developing quality MI for the business to determine the credibility of turnaround plans.
• Identified margin issues with major customers on which the business had based its recovery plans.
• worked with Administrators to ensure maximum recoveries for bank and other creditors.
A family owned domiciliary care business under the Bluebird Care brand.
Developed business to £1.0m of Revenue
Managed sale of business to new franchisee
£120m T/O support services business and PFI operations
Listed on London Stock Exchange
Also worked in same role from October 1993 to June 1998
Managed listing process in 1996
Managed sale of non-core activities in 2008
Developed strategies to enter into new markets following listing