“This is a game changer for companies looking for a Chair or NED. A powerful FREE tool.”
Anthony Chadwick CEO Alpha Vet International
Register to post jobs to our network FREE
You're all set
You’re about to join an exclusive membership club of highly skilled and aspiring Non-Exec’s. No up-sells, no gimmicks, just the expert tools to develop your portfolio career.Only £149
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Send message to The VirtualNonExec Team
Send message to William
Upgrade to premium to unlock job access
We do not scrape jobs from websites like others. You have my personal guarentee.
My objective is to use my leadership ability and widespread commercial experience and leadership ability gained in multi nationals 3rd Sector and SMEs, to enhance the Board of a progressive and forward thinking organisation. Awarded Newark & Sherwood Business Person of Year 2016, I believe that I bring the required combination of an analytical mind and positive and enthusiastic attitude
Appropriate Key Career Achievements
• Home Secretary’s representative and chair of selection committee for lay members to whom Lincolnshire police force were responsible.
• Museum of Timekeeping developed five year business plan, obtaining £220K funding in first year
• Whilst Director of Nottinghamshire Chamber of Commerce part of team brokering amalgamation with Derbyshire Chamber to become 3rd largest in UK
• As Director of Newark Indoor Bowls Club, incorporated Paralympic sport of Boccia and making it largest club in UK inside 2 years and turned losses into profits. Subsequently appointed to board of Boccia England, Governing Body of the sport.
• Set up and ran overseas property business from scratch, opening offices in Poland and Sri Lanka in addition to UK
• Successfully controlled financial budget for Far East Air Force accurate to within 2%
• Exceptionally strong relationship builder with first class coaching, mentoring and motivational skills both collectively and on a one to one basis.
• Analytical thinker basing plans on facts and not emotions
• A collaborative team leader and energising communicator equally comfortable at addressing audience of 500 or one to one at any level.
• Enthusiastic, engaging positive attitude accompanied by adaptable flexible approach.
• Having run the budget for the Far East Air Force, respectful of high numbers but not fazed by them.
William's Career History
Museum of Timekeeping 2018 to 2019 (Contracted)
Developed detailed five-year business plan which was accepted by the Board of Trustees and during which, in the first year, secured £200,000 of funding from a single grant application.
Secured 21 year lease with landlord, won gold Visit Nottinghamshire Gold Award for Best New visitor Attraction and created solid foundation for organisation to build and achieve self sustainability
Voluntary position with responsibilities for fundraising in excess of £60K including £47K from Sport England.
Introduced Paralympic sport of Boccia, working with people with Cerebral Palsy, Physical and Mental Disabilities, Dementia Group, Care Homes, Schools and Elderly groups. Within 2 years developed club to become largest Boccia club in England with between 50 and 100 people playing weekly.
Organised Boccia tournament with 48 participants, making it one of the largest in the country.
Took volunteers out to schools in Lincolnshire and introduced game to over 200 primary school children,
Work recognised by awards at local, county and national level cumulating in the Business Person of the Year Award 2016 for Newark & Sherwood
Helped property training company raising of ££££s in funding.
Negotiated a contract for with Malaysian owned hotel group for £200K on behalf of Boston based manufacturer.
Worked with SMEs to assist them in acquiring accreditation in various ISO standards.
Successfully Sales managed self-employed agents on behalf of a renewable energy company obtaining sales of £500K in 4 months.