“This is a game changer for companies looking for a Chair or NED. A powerful FREE tool.”
Anthony Chadwick CEO Alpha Vet International
Register to post jobs to our network FREE
You're all set
You’re about to join an exclusive membership club of highly skilled and aspiring Non-Exec’s. No up-sells, no gimmicks, just the expert tools to develop your portfolio career.Only £149
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Send message to The VirtualNonExec Team
Send message to Nigel
Upgrade to premium to unlock job access
We do not scrape jobs from websites like others. You have my personal guarentee.
Global InfoTech business leader with 35 years of experience across private equity / SME / large corporates within the automotive and healthcare markets for blue chip clients in the public and private sectors, with extensive background selling to NHS Primary, Secondary and Specialty settings.
Consistent high achiever; hiring, developing and motivating commercial, development and operational teams in B2B / B2C settings across UK / Europe / Asia Pacific / North America with control of £multi-million budgets to achieve outstanding results for clients, staff and stakeholders.
Nigel's Career History
Established this start-up consultancy, delivering interim management services to the healthcare InfoTech market followed by significant expansion across many other markets. Grew revenues from £0 to £0.25m as a one man business before selling the concepts and materials to a prominent marketing agency to take on full time role with Chrysalis Solmotive. Re-ignited business in January 2019 to deliver services to private equity;
• Interim Managing Director, Business Development Director and Sales Director roles across;
IT Healthcare / IT Services Group / Foster Care Group / Financial Services / IT Automotive
• Developed bespoke business consultancy programmes covering;
Due Diligence / Business Planning / Sales & Account Management / Forecasting / CRM
Doubled revenue, headcount and profit of this global automotive FinTech business in under 3 years, leading key negotiations with Daimler HQ to achieve £9.0m Framework Agreement, with Volkswagen Group UK to achieve new £3.0m contract and with Toyota Australia to achieve £1.25m platform roll out. Prepared Company for sale, attaining 2 trade offers exceeding x10 multiple;
• Grew revenues from £2.4m to £5.0m in under 3 years
• Increased profit from £0.7m EBITDA to £1.5m EBITDA
• Secured second round funding of £2.0m to aid growth
• Directed business through 7 heads in 3 regions; Europe / Asia Pacific / North America
• Hired 4 key SMT heads; Product & Marketing / Operations / Technology / Programme Office
Re-engineered the Map of Medicine business unit from a single contract with the UK Department of Health to a national supplier across the NHS Primary Care market. Secured funding from US parent to lead the development of a new product, delivered on-time, in-budget and contracted to NHS London for £0.25m;
• Led sales, marketing, product and project delivery teams to achieve £7m revenue / £3m EBITDA
• Achieved transition from NHS National Programme for IT (NPfIT) to GP Commissioning Groups
• Surpassed market leading provider of Prescribing Decision Support software to the NHS
• Grew contract value against backdrop of the central government austerity measures
Shaped the commercial function of this private equity backed InfoTech business to smash financial targets, trebling revenues over 3 years to £12m with an EBITDA of 50%. Increased market penetration to 61%, delivering services to more than 90 NHS Primary Care Trusts with 100% contract renewal;
• Sold business to large US corporate for x15 multiple at more than £50m
• Attained The Queens Award for Enterprise (Innovation) for significant product development
• Saved the NHS £millions from prescribing budget to fund patient care initiatives across the UK
Led the Global sales and marketing team of this private equity backed InfoTech business, achieving £24m of revenue through contracts with Department of Health, NHS Primary and Secondary Care Trusts, NHS Scotland, Norway’s Health Department and the Portuguese Ministry of Health.